Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

5.26.14

 Hey everyone!
  I am so excited for Elder Topham! Good luck in Argentina! Happy Birthday Sarah. Benny, I am so proud of you for memorizing all 100 scripture mastery scriptures. Seriously though, those are cash in the mission. I can't live without them, because I litterally use them daily. Especially the new testament and the book of Mormon. Thank you thank you thank you for the pictures. I really loved them. Those grandkids are HUGE. I thought they were neigbor kids or something, because I sure didn't recognize them at first. Oh, and Congrats to Melody. She looks so beautiful and happy. Hurray for forming Eternal Families.That is so great! We had a miracle the other day with a New convert in the branch. Her name is Rossana. She has 4 kids and right now 2 are members. All recent converts. Before her baptism she sold beer out of her house. She didnt work because she just worked from her house selling the beer. We decided that we should talk to her about that and by following the spirit, invited her to stop selling beer. She seemed a little hesitant, but said that she would try. Over the course of a couple of days the signs in front of her house came down (se vende cerveza) and she was suddenly impossible to find because shed gotten a new job that required a lot of time. We went to the house the other day and they were without light because she hadnt gotten her paycheck yet from her new job. They are sure passing through some really tough times, but she said with a triumphant smile that she had indeed stopped selling beer and that she felt really relieved. They are going to have so many blessings. I am just praying like crazy that they can make it throguh this really tough spot and stay strong to the church On Saturday we had just gotten out after lunch to go to work and I stepped badly off of a curb and twisted my ankle really badly. We hobbled back to our room where We put some cold packs on my ankle and raised it up. By some miracle Hermana Grow had an ace bandage. It was a lifesaver: I am happy to report that no serious damage was done. It just hurt like crazy on saturday, and we worked yesterday and today I am doing so much better. There was also a really cool cultural activity on Saturday where the youth in the stake danced typical dances from a whole bunch of different countries. It was super awesome and we had a huge turnout from our branch and the youth did a fantastic job. The peruvians sure do know how to do their dances. Things are going well and I am very happy. I love you all. And thank you mom so much for sending me an ensign.

  Love
Hermana Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment