Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Friday, July 11, 2014

5.26.14

CONGRATS to Benny for graduating High school! I am so happy for that guy! Now its on to the cool stuff in college! He looked soo good in that graduation outfit! Joe and Kym and the gang are so fun to come up for that. I got the loveliest letter from Sarah today about the updates on the family.  I just loved those new pictures. Those kids are so darn
cute. Hyrum looks just like Buggy (Sarah) from the pics that I have seen. We sure have been working our tails off. I sure like working with Hermana Grow. I don't think that president will let us stay together until we finish the mission because we end on the same day :(. He might even split us up this week. This weekend is the transfer, so we will see about that.  We worked with Hno Manuel (pic included) a lot this week and we brought our ward mission leader -Paulo- to come and give him a blessing of strength and comfort. He wants to quit drinking and be worthy to receive the priesthood for his family. It was one of the coolest blessings that I had ever heard. I love the family so much. He was the one who was inactive for 18 years. He's still having a hard time coming to church, but for the first time in those 18 years (says
  his wife) that he let missionaries into his house to teach him. I thought this was very strange, because he was always pretty friendly to us. I think that some people really do just need sisters to teach them. He is progressing so well. I know that he wants to stop drinking now and that he can actually do it. We also had a really interesting FHE with a member of the branch presidency. The family is Salirrosas. They haven't been coming to church a whole lot lately so we wanted to see what we could do to help. We had a lovely little lesson and activity with the 7 kids and the parents. In the end the mom and the dad took us aside and thanked us for coming over to their house for an FHE. They have actually only
  been members 5 years. They don't have solid gospel traditions yet either like family scripture study, FHE, and family prayer. It really got me thinking that the real way to strengthen the branch is to make sure the presidency is strong. We are so excited to work with the family in this aspect.

  I love you all

  Love Hermana Christensen

Thanks for all the love mom! Haven't gotten anything yet, but soon I'm sure


A belt that Hermana Martinez gave me

That is a normal sized truck (like potato
truck size) that is FILLED with corn stalks- That should not be street
worthy.

Some niƱos we found in the street that wanted a picture  

No comments:

Post a Comment