Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Friday, July 11, 2014

6.30.14


Hi everyone!
That sure looks like fun with all of the grandkids out and about playing on the farm. I was thinking about the 4th of July and where I was last year at this time.Checking out the Nations fireworks in Washington DC. I guess a few things have changed since then hahaha. Those kids sure are cute. Mom youre the greatest for always keeping me really up to date on all the happenings. I am glad that you are excited for your new job. Too bad about the end of year powerpoint presentation :D Oh and Congrats to Camille!!!
As for the time here in Trujillo... I think that about 2 maybe 3 days would cut it. I want to introduce you to some peeps in Rinconada and Villa del Mar as well as show you around some of the cool markets and stuff. You can come all the way to Trujillo if you want. Its a pretty long flight either way. I dont know if you want to compensate for that with the number of days you want your trip to be. If you still havent gotten an email from Hermana Marler I got permission to have you write directly to her and ask for the email about all the details. My official release date is the 6th of October. (and dont worry. I am wierdly not trunky. I think Heavenly Father is helping me a lot with that. It really is a tender mercy. )

MOM THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE! I feel like the lukiest missionary alive. I especially love the new clothes. That is a real relief. A little something special and new. Its really cool that Hermana Grow and I are the same size, because both she and I are really appreciative of some new clothes hahahaha. But seriously, Thanks a million. I cant tell you how nice that is. (and the hymnbook and the picture book and all the other fun little things!)
Everything is going so well here in the Branch. I love the members here. Theyre full of excitment for the work of salvation, they just dont really know where to start. That is our biggest work here. Getting the Branch up and running well. We finally got the Visiting Teachers and Home teachers organized and hopefully theyll be up and running for next month. It has been a really big project doing this. We have really been supporting the Branch a whole lot. Tons of less actives are coming to church lately. This place is ready to explode. the opening of the temple here is going to have a HUGE impact on the work here. I just really love being a misionary. Thanks for all your prayers. I seriously feel them all the time. When i want to get sad or something, I feel an added strength, and I know that the Lord is listening and loves me. It is a pleasure to be His servant

con cariƱo
Hermana Christensen


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment