Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

7.7.14 Letter


¡Hola a todos!
Estoy bien celosa de ver todas las actividades normales del 4 de Julio. Pensé que ustedes no iban a correr este año, pero me parece que me equivoqué. Bueno, les cuento que estoy muy feliz de estar aquí en Perú aunque no estoy con ustedes. Sé que esta obra es lo más importante. Fog y Pud, Pensé que de repente ustedes les gustaría tener un ejemplo de lo que estoy aprendiendo en Español. Estaba pensando en las cartas de Pud, que él siempre escribió una cosita para Fog a leer. También, Bob, me escribió que ella está leyendo El Libro de Mormón en Español y quizás va a entender un poquito. Les amo mucho.
The fourth of July sure looks fun. That little pony sure is getting its money´s worth with those little porkers astride. How fun. Hermana Grow and I were looking for a popsicle  or something to eat to celebrate, but we couldnt find any because it is winter now and they dont really sell ice cream in the little tiendas in the winter. So we ate some really yummy peruvian pastries instead to celebrate It sure is getting cold here. It is definately bareable, but these poor peruvians are kind of weaksauce. It gets a little cold and they kind of freak out. Everyone has their little knitted sweaters and stalkings and scarves and the whole outfit. Its pretty funny.(dont worry Im not too cold or anything.)
Things have been really good here. Milcary is doing so well. She is coming to church and participating in the activities like a champ. She is the coolest convert ever. She is always coming out with us to preach it is the best!
I have done a whole bunch of exchanges with an hermana in another area with the beach. Her name is Hermana Assef. She is from ecuador and is so rad. It was because my companion has some special responsibilities in our zone so I actually was in Huanchaco (the other area) for 3 days. It was kinda fun, but it made me really miss and love my area. Transfers are this week and I am really sad that Hermana Grow and I will not be able to be together for another transfer becuase we end at the same time and  we only have 2 more. We will see what happens. 
I am really loving this life as a missionary. Things are good and I love working with the lovely Peruvians. Rock it up there in the USA!

Love Hermana Christensne

No comments:

Post a Comment