Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

7.14.14

Hola familia linda
I hope that you got the last weeks email that I just sent. MOM did you get an iphone?! because some of the pictures that you sent me DEFINITELY say "sent from my ipone". Hahahaha. (No I didn't get an iphone, they were Sarah's pictures) Caught you! That weekend looks so darn fun. I am so glad that everything turned out well. I loved the look of all those different french fries. there are so many potatoes in Peru that I just appreciate potatoes more than ever. it is soooooo good. When I come home, what I want is a milkshake, New Pjs, a new toothbrush and clean sheets. I will be happy with the stuff I have now, but that is definately what I want for future reference. hahahaha.
 
So the big news is that YES I am getting transfered. It is so wierd, because this is my first normal transfer that I have had in my whole mission. I got flown out of DC a week early, I got swipped out of Rinconada in an Emergency Transfer, and now I am leaving Villa del Mar very calmly. Let's be honest though, it isn't without feeling pretty sad. Firstly, I am leaving Hermana Grow!!!! I am going to miss her like crazy. She is definately one of my all time buddies. I have had a blast with her. I will be put in a trio, probably until the end of my mission. I am going to a place in the middle of the mission called California. It is pretty cool becuase it is a pretty rich area that has the mission home in it. Hermana Marler told me that she would take good care of me there. My companions will be Hermana Bills (she doesnt have relatives in Idaho- yes i did already ask her a while ago) and Hermana Calle. I am excited to get to know them and my new area, but I am devastated to leave all of my best buddies here in Villa del Mar. Things are really going well now. Our branch is getting more and more excited about the work of salvation and is really trying hard to retain the members that we already have in order to prepare the way for other new members to come in. I am really sad to be leaving the temple. I love to watch the progress there. It is a real delight to see it every day.
 
President Marler told me himself about my transfer and said that I was needed in this ward and that I would be a great blessing to my companions and to the ward which has a really solid member and leader base. He said that I would be in this place for the rest of my mission, just tearing it up without limits. I am so grateful for my wonderful president and his wife. They are seriously called of God.
 
I love being a missionary. I am going to miss Villa del Mar like CRAZY, but am so excited to see what the Lord has in mind for me. Good luck with jury duty momma!
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRANDPA, JADYN, AND KYM! 
 
Love you all,
Hermana Christensen
 
Our yummy dinner one night. Can you believe that!? its mac and cheese. I just remembered how weird that stuff is. I think I would have preferred rice

We made a choir for our branch conference and here are the hermanitas who participated

Me and Milcary after church
 

No comments:

Post a Comment