Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Monday, September 15, 2014

9.15.14

Hola mi familia querida. 
Muchísimas gracias por las cartas que me enviaron. Pero enserio, me ayudaron bastante para enfocarme más en las cosas importantes.
I can hardly believe that 1. Benny is a college guy!!! He's soo cool. He's living in the place that I lived for 2 years. It is an awesome place to live. But seriously. The location is bomb. I am so happy for that guy. I think that he will rock it up. 2. Carter is already  1?! Wasn't he just born!? Dad,, stay busy digging those spuds. I have like a hundred and six things that I can now do with potatoes. I can't wait to teach ya'll some of my favorite foods. This place literally is potato land.
Thanks to Grandpa Ogborn for sending me some really awesome cards. I just ate them up. They're a great support system.
Marco is still progressing, but didn't pass his interview again. He's still moving forward. We got tired of just teaching him, so we invited him to teach with us the other day. It was one of the most powerful lessons that I have ever seen. He bore his testimony about how prayers are answered and that people can change when they come to know God. The young woman that we visited committed to be baptized in that moment. It was incredible. I have learned a ton from this guy. He will get baptized soon, his testimony is so strong and has changed so much.
We have been teaching a less active family in our area. They have been inactive for 23 years and are now coming to church faithfully. 3 weeks in a row. Wow. They have all the excitment in the world to relearn the things of the Gospel. It really was a miaracle. We found them when we were updating the ward list and we invited them to church and they CAME. Then they kept coming. I just LOVE seeing less active members in the church. It really gives me a thrill unlike that of anything else. It is just like the parable of the good shepard who goes out to find the one who is lost. When he finds it he throws it up on his shoulders and REJOICES. I am rejoicing now because of the faith of less active members. I have been fortified by their faith and their endurance after many trials. 
I love the Gospel and I love being a missionary.
Love,
Hermana Christensen
PS. I cant send pictures for the next few weeks. Sorry :( I lost my cable to upload fotos.

No comments:

Post a Comment