Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

5.5.14

Hey all you guys.
I got a whole bunch of crazy emails today from tons of different people and I accidentally wasted a little bit of time emailing everyone. I am so sorry about that. I so loved all the pictures so so much and I also loved the emails. Dad you are the hardest working dude ever. Mom. Gosh you're cool. Benny looks like he's really getting everything lined up for graduation.

We had a genuine miracle this week. We have been working with a less active family for all of the time that we have been here. The wife's name is Alicia and the dads name is Manuel. Alicia is active, but her husband is a real buckwheat sometimes. He's awesome, but has a lot of reasons why he doesn't come to church. He's embarrassed because he drinks sometimes and his marriage wasn't doing so well. So he hasn't come to church in 18 years We have had some really beautiful powerful lessons with them and their family. This week we announced that we would be coming over to pick him up. He gruffed and said in essence- Yeah, whatever hermanas. We went over yesterday morning and worse was that neither of them were ready nor really planning on coming. Manuel kind of ran away and hid in the back and Alicia promised that she would get ready and come, but that her husband wasn't interested. Short story was that they both surprised us in the chapel yesterday. It was amazing! I couldn't believe it. I feel like all of my time here was worth it to see him there in church.

About Mother's Day. Due to an activity that our zone will be doing at the cemetery, I don't think that I will be able to call on Sunday. So it will most likely be Saturday at 8 in the night time. ( our time). Also, we have permission to call for 3 minutes during the week to set an appointment to call. I'll probably be calling mom's cell around 4 during the week to confirm.
LOVE,
HERMANA CHRISTENSEN
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment