Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Friday, July 11, 2014

6.16.14

Dad I just want to throw out my Happy Father's Day as well. It sounds like you made a haul. Just as it should be. I am glad that you got to rest a little bit yesterday. It is kind of a bummer that youre still going nuts working like madmen, but I am sure that you guys sure have a good handle on the situation.
 
This sunday I gave a talk in church. I spoke about the priesthood and how important it is in our lives. I got to talk about how grateful I was that I had a worthy priesthood holder in  my home growing up. That is the problem with our branch. It has been a branch for 30 years and nothing has been done to help change that status. We don't have enough worthy priesthood holders in the ward to be able to support a ward. I really felt like the congregation was listening well to my talk (it helps a lot that I can finally speak spanish). Hopefully we can see some fruits of the priesthood here in the branch. 
 
I got a package from Aunt Holly. I wanted to send a picture about it, but I think that I got it right in the middle of my emergency transfer. I may not have expressed fully my grattiude for it. I really really loved it. Totally made my day and I still have all the stuff and use it sometimes when we have to entertain some of the little children.

Thanks to Claire and mom for your emails. I sure loved the pictures a ton. MOM you went out with the sister missionaries!? You are sooooo cool! I am glad that you liked my Mothers Day card. 
We have been seeing tons of miracles here in Villa del Mar. I love it here so sososososo much. I really love working with Hermana Grow. It will be a sad day when we have to split up. Our investigator Milcary is a champion. She has such a huge testimony of the Gospel. We have been teaching her a little over a month and she has really progressed well. She has been reading the Book of Mormon like crazy and is now half way through Mosiah. WOW.
 
We had a really awesome oppurtunity to to listen to Elder Clayton of the presidencia of the quarum of the 70. It was so powerful. He has beautiful Spanish. They called all the missionaries to repentance, that we need to be doing more to help the Lord with the work of salvation. Weirdly enough I like it when general authorites call me to repentance. I really like being able to see their vision and knowing what they expect of me. They also said a lot of things about the Book of Mormon and that we are required as missionaries to make sure that our investigators are actually reading the Book of Mormon. If they aren't then we shouldn't just plow on teaching, but make sure that they know that it is very important in order to gain a spirtiual witness of the truthfulness of the Gospel
I just love the Book of Mormon. I am reading it in Spanish now and have gainned a huge testimony of this book.

I love you all and Happy Fathers day Dad!
Love Hermana Christensen
 

Us and a FHE that we had with Manuel Alicia and their family with their goals that they are going to do to be able to go to the temple one day.

Here's a picture of a really random pickup with cornstalks in the back. they are actually all over the place here, but I just get the biggest kick out of them every time that I see them and I have to take a picture every single time.

Us and our pesionistas daughter who got baptized this Saturday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment