Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Friday, July 11, 2014

6.9.14


Mom- Holy smokes you're cool. Just going off for an entire trip down to Utah with your buddies. I am so glad that you had a really good time. Congrats on finishing up another year of kindergarten! Benny! You just got tenth high individual in the state for forestry! I think that is awesome! Our team got 4th in state my senior year, but everyone was seniors then, and well, it didn't go all that well from then on out. Dad just keep working hard and moving forward. I am sure that something will come up that will help you get everything done that needs to be done. I wish I could be there helping you out, but the farm couldn't be in better hands. I am so happy for all you guys. Sounds like things are going super well. 
 
I  just want to throw in this little tidbit that I am so grateful for the sacrifices that mom and dad made all of our growing up years. I went to one of our branch councils recently and there were only about 3 people in it. The excuse from all of them was that they had kids, or that they had to go to the market or that they worked late and so on and so forth. I was reminded of the several times that mom got all the kids up and ready for church, even though she was by herself while dad was at an important meeting in the morning. You guys never used the kids as an excuse, but worked to find a solution to be able to magnify your callings. I remember mom always going out and doing RS stuff. People here  kind of look for excuses instead of solutions. I just wanted to say again how grateful I am to parents who magnified their callings in the church and also in the home. I don't feel like your callings ever distracted you from being good parents and I am so proud to be your kid. 
 
Well, here's the cool thing from the week. I went to Ecuador. Yeah thats right, as in the other country Ecuador. It was the craziest, wildest flight I have ever taken. I am sending some pictures from the trip that I took. So I am here on a tourist visa, which was long since expired, and I had to renew it somehow. There were 13 other missionaries in the same boat as me. The problem is that the airport in Trujillo is really tiny and doesn't have flights that go anywhere other than Lima. So, we had to go down to Lima one day, stay the night in Lima, then the next day fly up to a tiny town called Tumbes in Northern Peru then drive to the Ecuador border, cross over get a stamp on my passport, drive right back across the border, get another stamp for 90 days in my passport in Peru and then fly back to Lima and from Lima back to Trujillo. It was such a long 3 days and I am exhausted. It was super fun to be a missionary in an airport. I just sat down next to anyone and started up a conversation, and without fail, they ended up asking who I was and I got to share my testimony about missionary work. It was kind of funny because sometimes some missionaries would separate from the group to go buy somehting to eat at a little store and after a little while we went to look for them and found them in a Gospel discussion in front of the store with the cashier or with the owner. It was all kind of fun. I just really like being a missionary and being able to share my testimony with everyone. I kind of remembered dad when I just sat down to talk to someone. He always was a good example to me about doing that.
We have one investigator Milcary who is really progressing well. She is a rockstar and I have really come to love her a lot. She began reading the Book of Mormon before we even invited her to do it and is already in Mosiah. We have seen so many miracles from the Book of Mormon. She also gave up cofee and tea the moment we told her about the word of wisdom. She is all for joining the church and has come to church solidly for the past 4 weeks. I think she is just so chosen to recieve the gospel right now.
I love you all and Think you're all awesome!
Love, Hermana Christensen
 
 

 
Me and hermana Grow with one of our favorite people in the entire branch Eva

Hermana Susan with a really cool picture of the Lima temple that I drew for her
 

No comments:

Post a Comment