Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

7.21.14

HI HI HI
Happy birthday to some of my favorite people of all time! Christian, Benny, and Hyrum. I am so excited for all ya'll. Imagine me singing feliz cumpleaƱos right now. I hope you have a good one. The sibling reunion sure looks like a lot of fun. Dang mom, you sure are looking good. You too dad. You two just don't stop do you? Hahaha. 
 
I am officially in my new area of California. It is FANTASTIC! I was not really all that excited to be in a trio for the rest of my mission, but I just really like my companions a lot. I thought it would be really uncomfortable, but actually I really appreciate them a whole lot. Hermana Calle is the missionary doctor for the other missionaries. When they have problems they call her. She is always recieving phone calls day and night from sickies and she treats them all with love and compassion. Sometimes she has special meetings and stuff which makes the trio necessary. But seriously everything is just peachy. Hermana Calle is from Bolivia and Hermana Bills is from South Jordan, Utah. They are sooooo cool. I really did get lucky. We are sharing the apartment and the pension (the lady who makes our food) with the other hermanas who work in the ward. They are also a load of fun, but even though it is fun, we sure are working hard. Wowweee. Our area has a lot of rich people, but they're actually a lot more receptive than I thought they would be.
 
There aren't really a whole lot of members in our half of the ward so most of our work now is with investigators. In my other area, I was working mainly with less actives. It has been an interesting change, and I admit that I am grateful to be able to better my investigator teaching skills. I thought that I was losing it, but I am glad that my companions sure are good at it hahaha. The ward is full of returned missionaries who are just dying to come out with us. What a blessing. I went from being in a branch with about 60 to 70 people each week to a huge ward with 180 people each week. I don't even know what to do with myself. There were 7 deacons passing the sacrament!!!!! In Villa del Mar there was 1, and he was less active. But I admit that I miss the branch like crazy!!!! I only had 1 day to say goodbye to everyone,  it sure wasn't enough. I have never put all of my heart into anything like it before. But I came knowing I'd leave. I am so grateful for the experiences that I had and am so grateful to now be  serving here in California. What a blessing.
Momma, I haven't yet recieved the package because they hold all the mail during transfers for a couple of weeks, so I might have to wait another week. But I should be seeing Hermana Grow before too long, don't worry. :). 
 
Dad, I would LOVE to see Machu Picchu with ya'll. I just want about 2 days here or so that you can meet some members and hit up at least one or two fun cultural things here. Don't worry, I have actually got my head skrewed on pretty tight. I feel very calm and not overly trunky. It is amazing, and truly a blessing. I really am going to appreciate ALL the time on my mission that I have.
Love you all and Happy Happy Birthday to Benny, Hyrum, and Christian. 
Hermana Christensen
 
Me, Hermana Calle, hermana Bills (my companions) and Hermana Gonzalez and hermana Paiva. The other Hermanas in our ward. (they live with us too. its awesome!)

Me and my new companions (plus one) crammed in the back of a taxi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment