Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

7.28.14

Today is Peru's independace day! We are actually really lucky to have been able to get on a computer because 1- there is a gazillion people out and about today and 2. it's a national holiday. But we did find an open place. They're going to charge us double though. Oh well. 2 soles is worth it. Thank you so much for all the lovely emails that I got today. I feel like the luckiest missionary alive. I got a super excited to see Bryant, but when I looked at the pics I said ¨he's lookin a little sickly¨ and then I read the email from mom. Hopefully he gets better real soon. Thanks for the emails from Joe and Dan and Claire and Dad and Mom. I really really appreciate them. And the pictures too. You guys are the greatest!

Things are going so well here in good Old Peru. I am really really loving my mission. I really am also loving my area California. I just found out the other day that there is a place here in California called Los Angeles.... Weird right hahaha. Momma, I got the package. It was the BEST!!!! I have some pics that I will be sending next week. I don't have my cable to download pics and I borrowed one from Hermana Bills for just a few. I was so happy. Thanks a bunch.
 
 I love my new ward here. There are so many members that I don't even know what to do with myself. I just amaze myself counting the deacons each week 6???!!!! WOW. 
We have been working hard with a family of investigators lately. They are pretty cool. We had a family home evening with them the other night and watched the Restoration with them. They actually really enjoyed it. The daughter came with us to church last week and we have plans to go over with another family next week.
 
We had an AMAZING expeience the other day. This was one of those experiences that all missionaries are hoping and praying for their entire missions. Hermana Bills and I were in an institute building while our companion was giving a presentation on health to some other missionaries, when a young woman came into the room and asked if she could ask us some questions. She was not a member and wanted to know more. She had a pamphlet from a few years ago about the church. From that pamphlet she learned about the Book of Mormon. She went to the library and began reading it. She loved it and wanted to know more because she was really looking for the church that Christ organized when he was on the earth.  We told her about Joseph Smith and the restoration and she accepted it so easily. She realized the need for the restoration. She then asked us about vicarious temple work to which we explained a little about the Plan of Salvation. She also accepted it because she understood God to being a just God. We invited her to be baptized and before accepting she said that she wanted to say 2 things. 1. that her questions had been answered and 2 that this was the church she was looking for her entire life. IT was beautiful and the spirit was there bearing powerful testimiony to our words. I've never had an exprience like it. She lives in another area, but we will be able to go to the other area to teach her once so that the change will be smooth.

I love the Gospel. The church is true.
Hermana Christensen
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment