Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

8.4.14

Hi hi hi! (or should I say hola :) )
Things are just so great here. I am so grateful for my awesome family. Thanks a gazillion for all the fotos and all the letters. I am the luckiest missionary alive. Thanks again. I am so proud of Christian for his baptism this week. Congrats buddy. Hopefully he got the card I sent him. It sure looked like fun. I am glad that Benny has Bryant to hang out with for a while before school starts again. I am so proud of your Harry Potter party Sarah. Truly standing proud with Harry :)
 
Okay, here´s a fun fact. I had been thinking a while about some fun family home evening games to play with our members and investigators. I was thinking about our family and what games we liked to play. I always wanted to play ring on a string, but I didn't know how to translate the song so I kept quiet until about 3 months ago when I told Hermana Grow that we should do it. We made up a little chant to go with it instead of singing and let me tell you, it has been a HUGE hit here. Everyone loves the ring game. The chant goes like this: "anillo, anillo, pasen el anillo, donde estarĂ¡" They just love it so much. I love playing it and first of all singing "Count your Many Blessings" at the begining of the FHE. I feel like I am being sneaky and having my own family home evening just like when I was at home. hahaha. 
 
We had a tough week this week because NO ONE was in their house. But seriously. Everyone is on vacation for two weeks. They are on the Peru version of Spring Break. So we were not teaching a whole lot this week. But we did work hard and I do not regret a single moment of the time that we did this week. I dont know, I just appreciate my time more and more now, even these days when I don't teach much. I can see that the Lord is trying my patience and longsuffering. I really enjoy writing in my journal each night about it and saying, " This was hard today, but I am happy. I am walking with the Lord". 
 
I love Hermana Bills so much. She is a contacting Maniac. I love it so much. She's a great example to me. When leaders say "talk to everyone" she actually does it. I love it so much. 
Hermana Calle always has something good to say in lessons. She knows how to answer questions in a complete manner so that no one has questions afterward. 
They both are rockstars. Our ward mission leader is the head archetech of the Trujillo Temple, so I can still stay close to the things that are happening in the temple of trujillo. The only clues he gives us about when it will be done is before September (next year) but after April, oh, and not July. Thats what I know.
Well I love you all so much. I am so happy and love serving the Lord. 
 
Les Amo Bastante
Hermana Christensen
 
Me and the deathly hallows that I found on the wall in our area ( I THOUGHT OF THE HILL FAMILY AND BEN ESPECIALLY)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment