Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

8.18.14

I just want to give a shout out to mom, dad and Grandpa Ogborn for helping me out so quickly with my "my family" book. I am so excited to share my stories and pictures with our recent converts who live here to get them started on their own family history stuff. 
I was so excited to read your adventures up in Stanley and that Dad could rest for a second of time and that you guys could do some really fun impromptu stuff. I bet that was really interesting for mom. Thanks to Benny for writing me. That really meant a whole lot to me. I am so happy that you are diligently preparing for the mission. 
Mom was right I don't have a whole lot of time to write a letter, but I did want to write a few little things. We are working with one guy named Marco lately. He's really awesome. He's 23 and sosososososo excited to get baptized. The problem is that he has smoked and drank for 8 years and he has a girlfriend. He loves the Book of Mormon and loves loves loves going to church, He also has some doubts about Joseph Smith. He knows the church is true, but he isn't sure that Joseph Smith was really a prophet. It is kind of strange, but thats how he feels. We are helping him strengthen his testimony of prophets this week. He has practicaly stopped smoking and drinking completely so that is pretty awesome. The YSA are really working hard with him to get him excited to get baptized in the following weeks.
We have been praying like crazy for the past couple of weeks to get some new investigators and referrals and yesterday the Lord answered our prayers. We got 2 from members and 2 new people that came to church this week. It really was awesome. I love it when people come to church and then they feel the spriit. The church really is true. I am so eternally grateful to the Savior and to my Father in Heaven.
Thanks to everyone for the prayers. I really feel them.

Love Hermana Christensen
 
Panetón yum yum yum Peru version of Fruit cake. But it's delicious beyond rhyme or reason

My lovely little companions

The truth. Where to look when you have questions
 
The walls of Peru. Yeah that's broken glass there on the top. Seriously though, it is really really common no matter how strange or tacky it looks

Some palm trees
 

No comments:

Post a Comment