Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

8.25.14

Hi hi hi!  (and when I say that I mean- hola)
So transfer calls were last night and I am staying here for the last transfer with Hermana Bills and Hermana Calle. I am thrilled, but it is kind of hard for Hermana Calle because she has been in this area for 11 and a half months. Enough time right? But I am just living it up here. I love, love, love california. Almost as much as I love Villa del Mar and Rinconada.
Momma!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I would have sent you something awesome, but it would have been really expensive and so you will have to wait about a month to get your present. Sorry. Benny, I think that you are pretty cool and really tough. I am really, really excited that youre getting all of your paperwork stuff done. Looks like I will not be there for the big opening of the mission call, but that's okay. I am so happy and proud of that guy. Thanks Claire for writing me so much. That means a lot to me. I also got a really lovely letter from Hermana Rane the other day. She is back at home in Rexburg. She sent me a nice letter to keep me excited until the end. I am getting a little excited to see you guys. There is plenty of work to do here in the meantime though.
This week we were working again with an investigator named Marco. He is so cool. He is awesome, but for some reason doesnt want to believe the first vision. He has a lot of doubts about Joseph Smith. He is completely active in the church, loves the Book of Mormon, goes to all the JAS (YSA) activities he just can't get over this doubt. So the other day we had a very interesting lesson. We started in by bearing our testimonies about how we know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and telling him that he just has to keep praying about it (He has been praying, but he has been having nightmares. I love Latin Culture,  they sure put a lot of their future in what happens in their dreams. Bless them). Then I felt a prompting to just start from square one. I asked him about what it means to have faith in something. He responded and we continued with the faith will grow like a seed. I made it very clear how we have to nourish the seed of faith and keep doing good works until later when we can see the good fruits of our faith. It was interactive, pretty fun and VERY basic. He was having a good time and said "Hermana, just in case you didn't know, I'm not 5 years old". Hahaha. But it finally clicked for him. He told us that he is going to put his seed of faith in the good soil and then look for the fruits of the spirit instead of scary things. He has a baptisimal date for next week.
Things are good here. We had a bunch of people coming to church lately. We just don't have a whole lot of new investigators or referrals. But we are really getting everyone excited about missionary work.
Elder Neil L Anderson came here to Trujillo to give a talk to our stake and also to all the missionaries. He talked all about building upon the things that we cannot see (like faith, repentance and the Holy Ghost) He was also getting everyone here really excited for the temple. He asked how many people have finished their "my family" book and I proudly raised my hand. thanks for helping me with that.
I love you all so much. Thanks for supporting me in my calling. I really appreciate your prayers and love. I get a lot of strength from my family.
Les quiero muchisima. Gracias por todo lo que hacen por mi
Hermana Christensen

PS. The radio in this internet cafe is playing "Money for Nothing" and it made me really want to go water skiing with Uncle Mike!

Happy Birthday Momma!



No comments:

Post a Comment