Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

8.11.14

¡Hola mis seres queridos!
This is Hermana Christensen here all the way down in Peru reporting live from some random internet cafe thing, telling you all buenas tardes! Happy week! Thanks for all the updates. I think mom is pretty cool for getting herself a fishing licence and for going fishing in general. Dad, you're sooo cool. Nice baby fish that you caught :D. Will someone tell Benny to get a letter to me? I just really like hearing from that kid. Good for him for getting all prepped up for going on a mission. Katie I just wish that you could see all the little mercados here to see all the types of potatoes that they have here. I think that you would love it. I am so impressed at your little potato business.
This has been  a slowish week. No one has been home.  Members, less actives, investigators, contacts, referrals. No one. I have spent 3 days in the streets just trying to talk to everyone.  I have truly loved every moment. I love this work. I love the Gospel of Jesus CHrist. I love sharing it with people. I couldn't be happier. I am working a lot with some of the members helping them get started indexing and doing their family history stuff. The bishop found out that I liked indexing and put me to work teaching members whenever possible. It has really been a blast being able to index again. I don't know if you guys were given a little booklet that says "my family" or not, but we have it and have been asked by our mission president to finish it. I am actually almost done with it, I just need one more picture and a few stories. 
I kind of ran out of time this week, but I just want to bear my testimony of this work. I love the gospel so much. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven.

You are all wonderful. Send my love to Janeen.
Love,
Hermana Christensen
The Plaza de Armas in Trujillo


Me with the dead chicken delivery truck, with the dead chickens in back. I recommend that you bring some Pepto Bismol when you come to Peru. But seriously.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment