Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Monday, September 8, 2014

9.1.14


Familia mia,
Les amo cada uno de ustedes. Mamá, gracias por siempre escribirme y contarme de todas las cosas que están pasando. Dan y claire son muy libres en este momento antes de regresar a la universidad. Voy a hablar con la Hermana Marler y hacer sus pedidos de los Estados Unidos. Gracias por su disposicion a ayudar.
I am doing so well this week. As always, thanks for the pictures. They mean the world to me. I am working really hard (as usual) I just come home and crash every single night and in the mornings I wake up with my feet hurting from working so hard the day before. The only way to make them feel better is to keep walking. (Mom I know that you a probably worrying at this point but dont worry. It isnt critcal. Its like how your feet feel the day after walking around disneyland.) I love working hard. I love preaching the Gospel. There are so many miracles all over the place. 
This week we have been trying to update our ward list (they are SO out of date. About half of the members dont live here anymore! grrrrr.) and we knocked on the door of someone who wed never heard of. Her name is Dora. Shes got 60 years and opened the door with her eyes wide and her mouth open. She told us that she had been praying for help from God. Shes been less active for about 20 years because someone had offended her. We invited her to church and she said that she would come. We ended up calling her about 4 times to remind her about coming to church and each time she said that she would come. On Sunday morning, she walked into church with her sunday clothes on. We welcomed her in and sat her with a really sweet member, and then I went to work. I ran around to just about all the members of the Relief Society that I could find to go over and say hi to her. She got swarmed by hugs and kisses and welcomes. It was so sweet. Later that day we went to visit her and she cried because she was so happy that she had gone back to church and about how nice all the hermanitas were to her. The church is true.
Marco is still progressing, but he still claims that he doesnt have enough faith to believe in Joseph Smith. Sometimes investigators can be a little frustrating. We are doing all that we can to get that guy to recognize the testimony that he has. He loves the church and wants to get baptized so badly, he just doesnt pass the interviews because he says not yet to the Joseph Smith Question. He has officially been without smoking and drinking for an entire month. little by little
Thanks for everything. Enjoy the pictures!
Love,
Hermanita Christensen
Me and hermana Bills with some american candy

Me and a cat. Love them!

Street in Peru

Me and Hermana Gonzales con galletas

No comments:

Post a Comment